For all event details (including sense-up) visit: RECON Event Detail Page for 16FH13
We wanted to provide the following observational reminders:
- Be sure to use the focal reducer with your camera. This is the 1-1/4″ adapter with glass lenses on either end used to connect the camera to the telescope that increases the field of view of our system. Do NOT use the adapter that does not have glass at either end, as this does not provide any focal reduction making it extremely difficult to find the starfield.
- Be sure to set your IOTA-VTI on FULLSCREEN mode.
- Remember to save your data files with 20190423_ prefix in a folder labeled 20190423. See Observation Protocol below.
- Complete the RECON Campaign Signup Form for this event. Some participants have had trouble using Internet Explorer to sign up when there are more than one upcoming campaign. We recommend using an alternate internet browser. Submissions are updated hourly on our Signup Status Page.
- Plug in your power supply and RECON laptop to make sure both are fully charged well in advance of the event.
- Print this page as well as the Event Detail Page above and practice finding field prior to event.
- Be sure to practice on the target star field prior to the event!
Feel free to contact the RECON leadership team anytime by emailing email@example.com.
See our Full Campaign Observation Protocol Page for details on files to save:
- Position Video
- Event Video
- Sky Field Video
- Dark Field Video
You should configure VirtualDub to save files sequentially by using “Set Capture File” to save as C:/Users/RECON/Data/YYYYMMDD/YYYYMMDD_01. You should record the filenames and information about each file using the RECON Observation Logsheet.
Image of Star Field
Regardless of whether your team was able to collect data, we need you to Report Your Observations. This includes completing the Campaign Observation Report Form (below), saving an electronic version of your log sheet, and uploading both videos and observation log to SwRI in Boulder.
We need all teams to complete the RECON Campaign Observation Report Form within one week of the event. To view reports from teams from throughout the network, check out the Event Reporting Status Page.